To setup CUJO with your Plume WiFi router, you must use Bridge mode.
To connect in Bridge mode you will need to have an additional router with DHCP server enabled, this is usually your ISP’s (internet service provider) router/modem combo box. We will call it the source router.
Before continuing make sure that:
DHCP server is enabled in the source router
DHCP server is disabled and not running on CUJO (if not set otherwise default setting is DHCP off)
First, you will need to open your Plume WiFi mobile app and set it to bridge mode:
The app interface on your Plume WiFi system is different on iOS and Android devices. (See screenshots below).
1) Open the main menu by tapping the " Ξ " button on the bottom-left of the App home screen.
2) While on the Wi-Fi page, tap "Advanced Wi-Fi Setting at the bottom of the page"
3) "Networking Mode" will display Plume's current mode, tap here to change.
4) Tap 'Auto Mode' and then "OK" on the pop-up screen.
A prompt will tell you that Plume is restarting. It may take up to 90 seconds for your network to come back up.
1) Open the main menu by tapping the " Ξ " button on the top-left of the App home screen.
2) Tap 'Settings'
3) Navigate to the "Advanced Settings" tab
4) In your 'Advanced Settings' screen, tap 'Network Mode'
5) Tap 'Auto Mode' and a pop-up will warn you that you will need to restart Plume.
Tap "Restart" and Plume will reboot. It may take up to 90 seconds for your network to come back up.
Now your Plume WiFi will function in bridge mode.
It’s time to connect your CUJO device:
- Disconnect your Plume WiFi from source router.
- Connect your CUJO bottom port to the source router using any free LAN port using the ethernet cable.
- Connect your CUJO top port to any available Plume WiFi port.
- Plug in the power cord to your CUJO device.
Once CUJO starts, it will protect your network.