We will show you how to turn a Linksys E-series Routers into an Access Point.
Linksys E-series Routers do not have the ability to change the Network Mode to an Access Point, but there is a workaround to do this.
For this purpose you need to change the router to an Access Point by following the simple steps below:
Router as Access Point:
At this point don't connect your CUJO to your Network just yet, and follow the steps below:
1) Login to your Linksys router by using below link and credentials:
2) Navigate to "Setup" -> "Basic Setup".
Disable the DHCP Server by selecting "Disabled" option and hit "Save Settings" button, please see the snapshot below:
3) Unplug the Ethernet cable of the Router from the WAN port and plug it into the LAN port as shown in below snapshot
Now your Linksys router is acting as an Access Point.
If you did everything correctly then you are able to connect to this Access Point and proceed to CUJO setup;
At this point you may connect CUJO between your ISP Routers and Access Point;
- Connect CUJO's bottom Ethernet port to ISP Router which provides DHCP server and serves as Internet source.
- Connect CUJO's top Ethernet port to LAN port of Linksys E-series Router acting as an Access Point.
If you did everything correctly as described above, your CUJO will be up and running and will start protecting your Network